When Ashley and I first moved into our new home there were these candle holders located above the fireplace mantel that we just didn’t care for very much.
At first glance, one would have thought they were hard-wired into the wall but upon closer inspection we noticed that they were only attached to the wall via a small screw. We proceeded to take them down, throw them into a box and toss them into the garage. After all, the bright copper look of them was not quite our style.
After moving the containing box several times while out in the garage, I decided I needed to do something with these things. I hated the current look but couldn’t bring myself to throw them away or even to donate them (I am on a huge upcycling kick right now). We have been having really good luck with the Rustoeluem spray paint on some other projects, so I decided to give painting these a shot. Ashley happened to have some left over paint from another project so I figured it wouldn’t cost me anything to experiment.
I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out.
Before I even started painting, I knew these would look really nice on the support posts leading into the gazebo. After they were painted and attached, I proved myself right.
|Before and After|