Spray Painted Toy Chests

I am getting really behind on putting new posts out here and for that I apologize. Yesterday I noticed that my traffic is beginning to spike from Pinterest repins so I figured I better start adding more content when I can!

I could have sworn that I had already posted my toy chest makeover but I could not find it so apparently I am losing my mind!

This weeks project is a simple spray paint makeover of some garage furniture. Total project time was a few hours and 2 cans of spray paint.

Our project starts with Ashley and her Mom finding this Fisher Price chest of drawers at a garage sale and bringing it home.

As soon as I saw it, I knew it was perfect for our garage and our wide assortment of kids toys. However, the color wasn’t my favorite but I knew it could easily be changed.

Overall it was a very simple project. I started  by taking out the drawers and removing the few screws holding them together.  I spread the parts across the backyard and then proceeded to use my favorite brand of spray paint… Rust-Oleum! A few coats of paint and a few hours drying time and I was ready to put them back together.

I was in too much of a hurry to get progress pictures so here it is finished in all its glory

Overall it has held up really well. There are a few spots were the paint has come off from the drawers rubbing against the sides but I have come to expect that when painting plastic. In addition, while I was doing this project, I also painted an old toy trunk that we had. Of course no before picture of that either. I think it had a blue lid and cream colored body.

Now we have a matching set!

Linen Closet Addition

It’s no secret that our townhouse is busting at the seams with the 2 adults and 3 kids that live there. In the past, we have gotten very creative in making due and finding ways to store things. We have also done a great job and just chucking stuff (aka donating).

One place that I have always wanted to do something was at the end of our hallway. There is a little space there beyond the girl’s room that I always thought would make a great linen closet; something that this place doesn’t have.

Finally one weekend I set out to create one. Overall it was a pretty easy and straight forward build. The toughest part of the whole thing was trying to get the texture to match up.  I attempted to duplicate it using the spray can product from Lowes. It worked good but only after 3 cans. For that amount ($60) I could have purchased a hopper and sprayed it with my compressor. Oh well. Live and learn!