We decided to do a wood counteract on the kitchen Island project. So far it’s going OK. I had a hard time trying to cut the 2×6 by myself on the table saw and neither one of my circular saw were able to make it through. Because of that, I have had to play with the boards a bit to make sure there is very little gaps between boards. What gaps are there will be filled in with wood putty.
Considering all of the projects I have going on right now, I am disappointed that it took me so long to complete these saw horses. They would have come in very handy for a handful of the things that I have already completed.
I purchased the plans for these sawhorses from woodshopdude.com for a very fair price of $5….close to 2 years ago. Maybe less but it seems like a long time ago.
I began the initial cuts for the legs and then stopped. I really don’t know why I stopped but I did.
Around the garage I moved the piles of wood until this last week when I finally had enough. Back to the plans I went. 2 hours later and I was done. Overall they turned out pretty good. They don’t look quite as nice as I had hoped but they are stable and level.
Next up is a miter saw station and throwing away the old plastic sawhorses that are being held together with rope. 🙂