There was a bookshelf that my wife found online that she really liked for the girls room. After careful consideration we decided not to buy it. We figured it would be too small for our needs. The feature she liked the best was that it had a bin at the bottom of it that would prevent toys or books from falling out. Here is the motivation for the project we were about to tackle.
It was made pretty easy with some pre-primed MDF that I got from Home Depot. Ashley made it pretty with letters that spelled out the girl’s name (not shown). In the end, I liked it much more than the one we saw online and the kids seem to really like it too.